21st Century ACE Grant Site Coordinator Requirements
To oversee the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of the Texas ACE Program at the assigned center. This is a one year position.
· Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
· Preferred - Master’s Degree in education or related field
· Ability to maintain positive working relationships with the public and frontline staff
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High degree of computer proficiency using Microsoft Office
· Preferred - Ability to communicate in native language(s) of program recipients
· Experience working with high risk children and families
· Experience in staff supervision
· Knowledge of community resources
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Organize and work closely with school administration to implement program
2. Ensure high-quality program services and support to enrolled students that meets the Texas ACE Program objectives in an effective manner
3. Assure regular student participation, as defined by program requirements, by monitoring attendance and taking steps to ensure that regular student counts are met or exceeded.
4. Coordinate data entry and evaluation of program at the center
5. Organize supplies, materials, equipment, and transportation for center
6. Recruit, train, and develop frontline staff to achieve intended objectives
7. Lead and facilitate on-going planning efforts including community outreach
8. Manage the recruitment and retention of students
9. Facilitate communication and create a link between the school-day and the program
10. Attend all required meetings, conferences, and training
11. Meet all compliance items including effective data & fiscal management.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Standard physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting, basic motor skills to access computer files for information or simple data entry. Occasional travel along with frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate campus functions; maintain emotional control under stress. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.