March 6, 2020
Dear Lipan Indians,
The Texas Education Agency, along with Lipan ISD, is closely monitoring media reports and information shared by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding growing concerns about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The situation is changing rapidly and it is important for our school and community to start taking precautions to prevent the coronavirus (COVID- 19). Based on the most recent information from state and national health officials are recommending local communities and schools take the following precautions to protect against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
All individuals are encouraged to:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- A void touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you have not had a flu shot, get one as soon as possible.
While these measures seem simple, they work and will also protect against getting the flu.
For Lipan ISD, our district custodial and transportation staff are taking proactive steps to clean and sanitize campuses and our buses. COVID-19 information from the CDC has been shared with district staff and all staff is working to disinfect common areas as well as discussing preventative personal hygiene with all students.
Our concern is that staff, students, and parents remain safe and informed. To this end, our buildings and buses were thoroughly cleaned and disinfected during spring break.
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to your student's campus office or myself. Sincerely,
Ralph Carter, Ed.D Superintendent